Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hot Summer Days

This week was such a fun week. My birthday was on Wednesday and Nathans was on Saturday. Nathan worked on Saturday and so I got all the kids in the car and we visited him for lunch at work. It was quite the process for me. Having 3 kids under the age of two makes for an interesting and tiresome day when I have to buckle them all in, go shopping and try to fend off all the looks I get from people that have "Lady, ever heard of birth control?" written all over their faces. OHHH... What a life I have. After all is said and done (when I finally get the kids down for a nap) I think of how blessed we are to have such a cute bunch of little ones. SIGH...

This week I also got to spend some time with one of my best friends in the whole wide world, Amber Purles. I love this girl. We went to Thanksgiving Point Childrens Garden and had a lot of fun. Elise loved to play with Ben so much that she went with them for the afternoon. When she got back home she asked me who I thought made a better Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, Amber or her? Apparently she had eaten them for lunch and had been pondering this. She really wants to be the best at everything. Sometimes I think that she is a little TOO sure of herself. I love her stinkin guts! Shes a fun one.

Luke and Vanessa are going through this stage where when I put them down for nap time they take everything out of their cribs...including sheets. And after they do this they jump on their beds and laugh at eachother. Its really cute to sit outside of their door and hear them go through this process. Well, cute for the first 100 times! When I walk in their room to tell them to lay down and go to sleep they hurry and lay down and fake asleep. ( Like they are going to fool me that they have been sleeping.) I have to make the beds all over again and sometimes we go through this process 2 or 3 times before they finally give up and go to sleep.

Marcus is starting to unfold. I thought his eyes were going to be Vanessa's color but I think they actually might be blue. It's so fun to do his curly hair. I really hope it stays curly. I would just love that! We went to church for the first time since he was born and he was a dream!

1 comments:

Amber said...

Your so nice. :) It was so fun to hang out this week. That is funny about the sandwiches, I love Elise, we had a good time! Let's do it again soon!