Friday, August 31, 2007

HOW DEE DOO Luke and Vanessa are TWO!



Happy Birthday to you Luke and Vanessa!
Yesterday was their 2nd birthday. Luke woke up with a fever. How sad! I think he got whatever Vanessa had last week. He was miserable for most of the day. I kept Motrin and Tylenol in him in hopes that he might be able to feel good for at least part of the day. Vanessa woke up happy and ready for a party! I have been talking up their birthday for the last week or so.During the month of July there are so many birthdays that they have learned that a birthday means cake. I decided to make them separate cakes this year and I experimented with gel paste. I am not very good at it but they turned out cute. When I wasnt looking Vanessa and Luke thought they would find out how they tasted. I was able to fix them before the party. Nathan and I gave Vanessa a baby stroller. Which she has not let out of her sight for the last 24 hours. She even rode in the car with it on her lap. She calls it her "strollie". We gave Luke a big, tough, wagon. When he saw it he called it his "Ride". He loves it and is constantly giving and gettting rides to Vanessa and Elise. We celebrated their birthday at Chuck-e-Cheese. I dont think we could have chosen a funner place for all of their cousins to PARTY! Luke and Vanessa esspecially liked the duck game. Grandma Vicky helped them play and they had a blast. Luke found a game with a gun ( what is it about boys and guns?)





I cant believe that 2 years has gone by since Luke and Venna were born. They amaze me at how much they learn and grow each day. I think back to the day that they were born and how my Joy was so full. Why have I been so blessed? With each child I have I wonder how will I ever have enough love to give them. But then its like magic as soon as they are in my arms for the first time I fall so deep in love all over again. I am amazed at the infinite capacity we, as human beings have to love others. I have heard that the love of a mother to her child is a glimpse of the love that our Father in Heaven has for us. This amazes me, how can anyone love more than I for my children? As we go along day by day I try to cherish each moment and let is soak in for I know they wont last forever! In Natalie Merchant words "These are the Days!"



4 comments:

Amber said...

Well Happy Birthday little ones! I can't believe you two! Heidi, I have been wondering what you've been up to these days. Those cakes are darling! Looks like it was a fun day!

Susy said...

Good job on the cakes Hyde!!! Holy crap time sure does fly when you're having fun! It really seems like you just told me that there were two babies coming! Such little cuties they are!

Dave and Jen McDonough said...

Heidi! I can't believe you have two year old twins. They're so cute and so happy. How do you do it? I would love some advice.... Such cute cakes. You're so full of talent!

Mathie Fam said...

Hey Ho.. Where did all your other stuff go that was on the blog?